Welcome to Fire Hot Tubs Ltd.....
....home of New Zealand's best priced Canadian red cedar hot tubs.
Welcome to Fire Hot Tubs Ltd........home of New Zealand's best priced Canadian red cedar hot tubs.
Our speciality is providing you with our high quality New Zealand made hot tubs at a very competitive price.
We are an Auckland based company that has been supplying hot tubs all over New Zealand and Australia since 2010.
We originally imported our hot tubs from overseas but now handcraft them in New Zealand from 100% A-grade knot-free Canadian Western Red Cedar, the best wood for making hot tubs from a sustainable source.
We also originally imported our wood-fired burners from overseas but they are all now made in New Zealand to a much higher standard.
Each cedar tub is manufactured to exacting specifications. Our hot tub staves are precision milled with ball and socket Joints.
Our ball and socket Joints provide more sealing surface than butt stave joints.
The cedar hot tub bottom boards that make up the base are invisibly secured with “wedged” tongue and grooved joints which produce an extremely strong and smooth surface.
Different heating options that we have available:
- Wood-fired internal submerged burner: Designed and made in New Zealand from 2mm marine grade #316 stainless steel. 2 year warranty.
- Electrically heated: Electric pump with a cartridge filter and a choice of either a 2.5kw or 5.5kw efficient heater. All plumbed together on a base. 2 year warranty.
- Gas/wood-fired external burner: New Zealand made dual burner. Can be used as both a wood-fired or gas-fired burner. 5 year warranty.
- Oval tub: 1700mm long x 1250mm wide x 750mm high 2 person tub
- Small round hot tub: 1450mm wide x 1250mm high 4 person hot tub
- Medium round hot tub: 1650mm wide x 1250mm high 6 person hot tub (most popular size)
- Large round hot tub: 1850mm wide x 1250mm high 8 person hot tub
Top 10 benefits of our cedar hot tubs:
- First and foremost: the beauty of natural wood. Relax in harmony with nature surrounded by the sweet aroma of the cedar tree.
- Deep soaking: Our tubs are designed to be deep with the water coming right up to your shoulders giving you complete immersion and a feeling of buoyancy.
- Health: Deep soaking in steaming water has long been proven to stimulate circulation, reduce stress, relax sore muscles, help with insomnia and aids with common joint pain such as arthritis.
- Focal point: Our cedar hot tub will be lovely focal point and make any backyard or garden area look great.
- A fun family activity: Socialize and relax with your family and friends in the outdoors. Soaking in a cedar hot tub is good clean fun!
- Reduce stress: Melt away the troubles of your day as you do something soothing for yourself.
- Can be assembled on site: tubs can delivered either assembled or in kitset which allows your tub to be placed just about anywhere, so no problems getting them situated into difficult sites.
- A hand-crafted product: Our tubs are made one at a time by a skilled craftsmen, not mass produced out of plastic.
- Multi-purpose: Fill with cool water and use as a plunge pool on those hot summer days.
- Rustic and traditional: Our customers appreciate the rustic beauty of the wood and simple design
Why we use only A-grade, knot-free Western Red Cedar?
One of the lightest in weight of the commercially available softwoods, Western Red Cedar is the giant of the cedars and is the largest and most abundant of all cedars.
Western red cedar is unique among softwoods. It's heartwood contains high levels of natural fungicides creating resistance to rot which makes it one of the most rot resistant woods available-perfect for making hot tubs!
The cellular composition of this species of cedar is made up of millions of tiny air-filled cells which provide natural thermal insulation. Heating the water is therefore quicker and stays warmer for longer periods.
Cedar is a material that works very well with water. When water is in contact with the wood, it remains just as durable as it was when it was dry. This is a perfect characteristic for hot tub material, since one of the most important elements of them is the ability to hold in water completely.
Also, any small gaps will close up as the water expands and tightens the wood therefore stopping any places that water might otherwise have seeped its way through.
Another advantage of cedar hot tubs is the fact that the material naturally avoids mould. This characteristic of cedar is one of its biggest selling points as a material for hot tubs.
One of the reasons people purchase cedar hot tubs over others is the visual addition it brings to their yard. The cedar will keep its elegant look for many years. Red cedar also keeps its condition without requiring any painting or other treatment. With time, the red cedar wood will take on a natural light grey colour. Cedar is known for withstanding trouble such as bad weather, proving its durability even in rough times.
Another great reason to go with a cedar hot tub is the amazing aromas it releases when filled up with steaming, hot water. When using your hot tub you will find that Red Cedar has a lovely natural perfume with a calming aroma. The smell of cedar will enhance the experience even more. Synthetic materials, however, will give off only a chemical sort of smell.
On top of all the amazing advantages cedar hot tubs have, they also repel common bugs such as moths. As a natural deterrent, a cedar hot tub allows you to keep the bug spray in the house!
Cedar hot tubs vs plastic spa pools
- More relaxing: the water surrounds the bather more because of the deep vertical walls resulting in a far more relaxing experience
- Healthier: cedar has natural anti-bacterial preservatives, plastic does not
- Beauty: a cedar hot tub is a thing of beauty. Not only is the geometric shape appealing, the rich colours and grains in the wood are visually stunning and will look great, either in your back yard
- Aromas: since your hot tub experience is one that is meant to appeal to your senses, cedar hot tubs exude a pleasant and natural aroma when hot and wet. Unfortunately, plastic spas tend to give off only chemical and artificial aromas.
- Durability: cedar is legendary for it's softness and durability. Will last 20+ years
Can ship to Australia and overseas. Please contact us for more information.